AP Comparative Government and Politics
This course is designed for students wishing to learn more advanced concepts about governments around the world.
This course introduces students to fundamental concepts used by political scientists to study the processes and outcomes of politics in a variety of country settings. Content will include the study of China, Great Britain, Iran, Mexico, Nigeria, and Russia and how politics, institutions, and behaviors shape these nations. Course work is equivalent to a college introductory course. Students who pass the Advanced Placement test will receive college credit from most universities.
- Understand major comparative political concepts, themes, and generalizations
- Understand the important facts pertaining to the governments and politics of China, Great Britain, Iran, Mexico, Nigeria, and Russia
- Understand typical patterns of political processes and behavior and their consequences
- Be able to compare and contrast political institutions and processes across countries and to derive generalizations
- Be able to analyze and interpret basic data relevant to comparative government and politics