Psychology is the study of how humans think, feel, behave, and interact with one another. This course is designed to give you a broad overview of psychology. The following subjects will be discussed: various approaches to psychology, the function of the brain, cognitive processes, human development, counseling approaches, personality theory, psychological disorders, and socio-cultural influences. The purpose of AP® Psychology is to introduce students to the systematic and scientific study of the behavior and mental processes of human beings and other animals.
This course aims to help students:
- Understand the fundamental concepts and theories of psychology.
- Learn the basic skills of psychological research, and use these skills to devise research projects and interpret research results.
- Relate psychological principles to their own lives.
- Develop introspective skills to examine their decisions and relationships more thoroughly.
- Use their growing knowledge of psychology to carefully and objectively evaluate current theories, trends, and issues in the field of psychology.
- Prepare for successful completion of the Advanced Placement Psychology exam.