To Tuesday 31 January 2017
After you have successfully completed one of the courses in the Global Competence Program offered by AAFIE, we would like to invite you to join the second half of the program: “Global Competence Program USA 2017”, which is to give you an opportunity to experience American academia and international engineering in real life.
The entire activity of the second half consists of two parts: home preparation and trip to USA (you are free to choose either the entire activity or just only a part of the activity):
Part One: Home Preparation
The Home Preparation part is to equip you with the knowledge and skills to survive in the United States. You can choose to attend the following online courses:
- American Culture, Geography, History, Arts, and Literature (64 sessions)
- American Academic (Studies) Survival Skills (32 sessions)
- Recommendation Letter, Application Essay and Interview (32 sessions)
The courses are offered during your winter break. You can attend the online classes (in real time, interactive) from your home computer through your home Internet or from your cell phone. The class schedule will be determined based on the feedback from each participant. The courses are not paid by your university, therefore, you will be responsible for paying the instructional cost (about $10 per session).
Part Two: Trip to USA
During the summer 2017, AAFIE will arrange you to:
- Take courses at University of California Berkeley and/or Stanford University, and receive credits from the universities. You can transfer the credits to whichever university you will apply for.
- Tour multinational companies in Silicon Valley (San Francisco Bay Area) in the United States.
Again, the cost associated with the trip is not paid by your university, therefore, you will be responsible for paying the travel cost. The detailed itinerary and cost of the trip will be determined based on the feedback from each participant.
If you are interested in participating in the second half of the Global Competence Program, please fill the form.