Join a World-Class K-12 Team in AAFIE, and Enjoy Working in the 21st Century Virtual Classroom
Join a world-class team in AAFIE (American Alliance for International Education, website: www.aafie.com), and enjoy working in the 21st-century virtual classroom for AAFIE's international K-12 programs!
AAFIE is one of the largest educational organizations exclusively devoted to global education in the United States. To meet the challenges of globalization, our mission is to become the primary resource for developing, implementing, and conducting 21st century educational programs for the global community.
AAFIE is currently seeking online K-12 teachers, who will work on various international education programs in instructional roles for most of the K-12 subjects. Successful candidates are expected to teach K-12 students through the most advanced virtual classroom platform. All AAFIE members must be committed to excellence in global education.
- Instruct K-12 students on one or more subjects in a one-to-one setting or virtual classroom setting, based on the Common Core State Standards;
- Work with students in setting educational goals, and helping students meet the established goals;
- Adapt instruction and lessons based on individual student needs;
- Maintain open communication with supervisors and parents;
- Encourage students to explore creative learning styles;
- Create and lead student projects in reading, writing, critical thinking, creative thinking, and other 21 century skills;
- Embrace new technology or tools to enhance student learning experience and the quality of education.
- Manage and evaluate student performance through homework, quiz, exam, project, teamwork, presentation, global collaboration, and creative learning activities.
- A bachelor's degree or above, from a college in the United States;
- At least 3+ years of classroom teaching experience;
- Experience with Project Based Learning is a plus;
- Strong content and subject-matter knowledge;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Be resourceful, self-motivated, and flexible;
- Computer, webcam, headset, and Internet connection available at home;
- General proficiency in using computer.
If you meet the qualification above and are available in certain evenings and/or nights (at home with Internet), please fill the online application form. Qualified candidates are interviewed year-round with resumes submitted to www.aafie.com (click on Careers in main menu).